Today between breakfast and lunch I became slightly hungry as I usually becomes. I are always in need of something small between breakfast and lunch so that my blood sugar don’t decrease to low. Otherwise I get a headache from that so that small snack is really important for me. So therefore I came up with a recipe of food muffins that is the perfect small snack/ to eat with soup to food or just when you feel like something small! 😀
It’s healthy feta cheese sunflower seed muffins, and they are really delicious! It’s a kind of foodie muffin and not a dessert muffin, so you can eat it with lunch/dinner. It contain a lot of protein products as well so it suits as a post/pre-workout snack as well! The demand after the recipe was quite big so therefore I post the recipe here, that follows:
Calories: 165 calories / muffin
Protein: 109 g in total
Fat: 101 g in total
Carbohydrates: 83 g in total
Healthy feta cheese sunflower seed muffins: (makes about 10 muffins)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil ( any oil works but I used olive oil)
- 250 g low fat quark
- 60 g flour ( you can use any flour you want, I used a swedish brand that contain more protein and lesser carbs)
- 25 g graham flour
- 40 g kruskakli
- 30 g protein powder ( I used Whey FX, NO flavor added)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60 g sunflower seeds ( You can actually use anything you want here, dried fruit, other seeds etc.)
- 100 g feta cheese
1.Pre-heat the oven on 225° celcius / 482° farenheit. Take a bowl and mix the eggs, olive oil and the quark in a bowl.
2. Take another bigger bowl and blend all the dry ingredients, flour, graham flour, salt, baking powder, kruskakli and protein powder. Blend well with a spoon
3. Stir the dry ingredients in the bowl with the eggs, and blend together well.
4. Cut the feta cheese into quite small pieces and add it to the batter. Put the sunflower seeds in last.
5. Place the batter into 10 different cupcakes and bake in the middle of the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Let them cool of before eating. DONE! 😀
Inlägget finns också på: Swedish